A Glimmer of Hope Foundation
About the organization
Glimmer enables families in rural Ethiopia to break the cycle of poverty through holistic, integrated and community-led solutions that produce long-term, sustainable resilience. We are seeking a creative and strategic thinker to support the diverse initiatives of Glimmer’s Programs team and conduct tasks related to data collection, review and analysis. The ideal candidate has cross-cultural exposure and one to two years of work experience. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia.
• Support implementation of Glimmer's monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) framework.
• Own program tracking, data collection and reporting mechanisms for Glimmer programs and MERL teams.
• Review and analyze programmatic reports, highlight impacts and lessons learned, and summarize findings to share within and across teams.
• Facilitate development and standardization of program support tools and process documents.
• Support the communications team in data management for annual and donor reporting.
• Conduct research to inform Glimmer’s strategic decisions and programming and help Glimmer stay current on global best practices in the development space.
• Represent Glimmer in peer-to-peer learning and information sharing events.
Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research, distill and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
• Experience with data analysis and/or data visualization tools preferred.
• Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization and time management.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
• Independent, innovative and willing to explore out-of-the-box solutions to complex challenges.
• Multicultural communication skills or previous experience living/working in developing countries preferred; proficiency in a second language a plus.
Please submit a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background with salary requirements and a resume at https://glimmer.org/programs-coordinator No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job