Programs Coordinator, Population Health
Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States (CHAMPS)
About the organization
Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States (CHAMPS) is a membership association of Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving low-income, homeless, and agricultural worker populations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (Region VIII). CHAMPS, a dynamic and team-orientated non-profit, provides support to these health centers serving underserved communities in collaboration and partnership with Region VIII State Primary Care Associations. The Programs Coordinator must be self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks and work with diverse people, carry a heavy workload, and travel. The Programs Coordinator, Population Health is responsible for the coordination and implementation of CHAMPS’ Health Equity programs, and provides support for additional website, clinical quality improvement, advocacy, and other CHAMPS activities.
1. Plan content and coordinate logistics for related CHAMPS distance learning events (webinars, collaborative video meetings, etc.), face-to-face trainings, and annual conference, including tracking related participants/outcomes and maintaining collaborative video meeting procedures documents.
2. Enhance, maintain, promote, and ensure the continuity of related areas of the CHAMPS website, including content development/review.
3. Maintain overall website continuity, including staff support, maintenance of additional areas of the site, biannual review of content, tracking of site analytics, maintenance of procedures documents, and periodic site evaluation.
4. Develop related content for newsletter articles, social media posts, etc.
5. Develop and distribute the Health Equity e-Digest.
6. Maintain the CHAMPS advocacy plan for Region VIII health centers.
7. Facilitate peer networks of Region VIII SPCA Health Equity staff and develop and maintain partnerships with federal, regional, and state partners, agencies, and other entities as appropriate in related areas to build support; determine needs; share resources, challenges, and best practices; and identify collaborative opportunities.
8. Attend related partner-led events and trainings; disseminate information about related partner resources, events, trainings, etc. to Region VIII health centers and SPCAs.
1. Strong organizational, time management, and implementation skills, and commitment to quality.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills which includes but is not limited to editing and proofing written work.
3. Solid computer skills, particularly with all Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
4. Ability to facilitate group discussions and deliver presentations to groups varying in size.
5. Experience with website content management software such as WordPress.
6. Proficiency with online meeting and learning platforms including Zoom and GoToWebinar.
7. Experience with graphic design tools such as Canva a plus.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
9. Ability to build rapport, credibility, and trust with members and partners and maintain productive relationships.
10. Ability to work as a team member with individuals from varied professional backgrounds and diverse cultures.
11. Solid knowledge of, and value for, cultural competence and diversity, equality, equity, and inclusion.
12. Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
13. Ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
14. Fluency in written and spoken English.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please provide resume, cover letter, and responses to the following:
1. This job requires completion of multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Describe your experience with completing multiple tasks for multiple people and your approach to doing so, including how you prioritize tasks and ensure your final work product is high quality.
2. CHAMPS strives to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction in all of our activities. Please describe at least one example of how you would ensure a high level of customer satisfaction among internal staff, members, and external partners.
3. What do community health and health equity mean to you?
Applications due by Close of Business on Thursday, April 15th. Complete applications accepted only via e-mail. No phone calls.
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply