Program Support Specialist, GS-301-9/11
Department of State
About the organization
The position is located in the Global Engagement Center (GEC), Office of the Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (R).
The incumbent serves as a Program Support Specialist responsible for providing administrative and management support to GEC by independently planning, performing, and coordinating a wide range of functions necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the Center. The incumbent serves as a principal assistant to the Chief of Staff (COS) and central point of contact for authoritative information on a host of administrative matters.
• Coordinates the flow of documents and taskers into and out of the Chief of Staff’s Office. Reviews incoming and outgoing documents for content, appropriateness, timeliness, and internal consistency. Document include, but are not limited to action, informational, and/or briefing memoranda, policy papers and other correspondence; disseminates action responsibilities to appropriate staff members; assists as needed in gathering information and reference materials, identifying and analyzing issues and proposing recommendations to resolve problems in relation to the project at hand; drafts documents and arranges clearances; identifies items of special significance or interest to the COS.
• Composes routine correspondence on own initiative, such as letters of acknowledgment, general office and programmatic policies, acceptance of invitations, and cancellation of conferences.
• Serves as a principal assistant to the Chief of Staff (COS) and central point of contact for authoritative information on a host of administrative matters.
• Develops reports, compiles spreadsheets, drafts summaries, and creates briefings on proposals for funding of GEC projects.
• Provides administrative assistance to front office staff as needed and performs additional assignments as designated by the supervisor.
-Experience compiling briefing papers and background materials; coordinating meetings and schedules, advising attendees of program agenda; drafting and distributing information memoranda and instructions; develops and assembles power point presentations for an agency/bureau.
-Experience reviewing incoming and outgoing documents for content, appropriateness, timeliness, and internal consistency.
-Experience independently performing a variety of critical office management functions such as reviewing, screening, and routing calls, information, and materials of a special interest that flows into and out of the agency/bureau.
$59,534 to $72,030
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume Required: To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, Submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply