Program Rotation Associate
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly, serving more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa with more than 7,500 full-time staff. We aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Selected Program Rotation Associates will rotate through a series of field-based postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on the candidates interests:
• First 12-24 months: Rotate between multiple ~6-month long posts
• Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
The role has a dual reporting structure:
• During your rotations you will report directly to a project manager
• You'll also have a constant dotted-line management relationship to the Program Rotation Manager for support and continuity of professional development
Example rotations include:
• Field Operations: This team is the direct service provider to our farmers, building the capacity of our local staff to provide financially sustainable impact to all One Acre Fund farmers. A rotation with Field Operations could include managing training materials for 100,000+ farmers, designing incentives to ensure high repayment, or joining our crop health team to monitor field agricultural problems for our farmers.
• Business Operations: This team builds the necessary back-end to ensure that we fulfill our promises to our clients. This includes essential systems like transaction tracking, client data management, print, procurement, and investigations. A Business Operations rotation could include running bulk SMS service for 100,000+ farmers, piloting a new customer service line, or developing a farmer insurance system at scale
We are looking for professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a long-term commitment to our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree with demonstrated previous work experience in challenging environments
• History of quickly producing impactful results at scale - low lag time from project start to delivering impact
• Desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. For at least 12-18 months, multiple relocations around sub-Saharan Africa are expected and most rotations are field based
• Diverse work experiences. Experience in multiple departments or industries is a plus, as is successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, etc).
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job