Program Officer: Southern & East Africa
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
Program Officer-Southern and East Africa
The National Democratic Institute seeks a Program Officer to support NDI's democratic development programs in Southern and East Africa (SEA). The Program Officer will work with members of the SEA team on programs supporting elections, parliamentary strengthening, youth civic engagement, civil society advocacy, and executive agencies. The Program Officer will contribute to the planning, design, implementation, and execution of one or more designated programs and/or manage a program generally smaller in scope or of less complexity.
• Serve as a resource and provide general guidance to Project Assistants and Program Associates on basic programmatic procedures and tasks.
• Contribute to the development of detailed work plans to ensure achievement of assigned program(s) objective(s) and expected outcomes, including the establishment of actions to be taken, the required resources (time, funding, staffing, etc.), a schedule/timeline for the actions required, and specific measures/metrics for evaluation at completion.
• Execute required components of established program plans, and perform programmatic assignments in accordance with established expectations and timelines.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• An advanced degree or work towards one in a relevant discipline is a plus.
• Three years of relevant work experience in international development, community organizing, political campaigns, or legislative affairs, or a similar field. Internships in one or more of these listed areas also may count as relevant work experience. An advanced degree or work towards one in a relevant discipline may be substituted for required years of experience on a one-for-one basis.
• Prior relevant international field work experience performed in the SEA region and/or completion of one or more semesters of education abroad is highly desired.
• None required.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job