Program Officer: Eurasia
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Since its founding in 1983, NDI has worked with local partners in 156 countries and territories, bringing together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise. Partners receive broad exposure to best practices in international democratic development that can be adapted to the needs of their own countries. NDI’s multinational approach reinforces the message that while there is no single democratic model, certain core principles are shared by all democracies.
Program Officer: Eurasia
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks several Program Officers to join its Eurasia team and contribute to the planning, design and evaluation of democratic development projects in collaboration with regional and field staff by performing the duties listed below. The positions focus primarily on the Institute's programs for Armenia, Moldova, Turkey and Ukraine; however, portfolios are subject to change based on funding and other factors. The positions are available immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as primary point of contact for field office in support of all programmatic and operational needs
• Works with other team members, monitors budgets, grants and expenditures for large, complex program with multiple donors; creates proposal budgets with supporting notes for large programs; helps ensure compliance with donor and internal regulations; implements and manages all aspects of subgrants and procurement
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in International Relations or related subject; graduate degree preferred
• A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience in international development, community organizing, political campaigns, organizational development or legislative affairs. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• Living or working experience outside the U.S. preferred
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rd679vjysxs3xnzq
Contact email: none[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job