Program Officer - Asia Programs
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the Program Officer for Asia provides strategic support and oversight on a variety of department tasks, including project management, donor reporting, donor relations, proposal development, and communications. The Program Officer is responsible for management level support for a variety of projects within the Asia program unit. Regular trips to the Asia region will be required.
For more information, please visit our Careers page at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1388
• Minimum four years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations - experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus
• Advanced university degree required
• Advanced/native-level English language fluency (speaking, reading and writing); fluency in an additional Asia regional language a significant plus
• Knowledge of the Greater China region (Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) desired
• Experience living or working in the Asia Pacific region desired
• Grant proposal writing experience and proven text-editing proficiency
• Experience in developing or supporting programs
• Willingness to travel within the Asia Pacific region
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
• Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
• Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
• Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
• Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
• Proficient in MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job