Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
About the organization
The Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is recruiting a Program Manager to work with an experienced and growing group of researchers committed to high-quality epidemiologic investigations addressing Veteran health issues. The Center is 1 of 5 epidemiologic centers within the Cooperative Studies Program (CSP), within the VA Office of Research and Development.
The Center is recruiting a full-time position that will provide leadership in the management of large, national epidemiologic research studies within the ERIC as well as smaller-scale, investigator-initiated studies. The Program Manager will work closely with the Associate Center Director for Research Operations, to assure the success of several observational epidemiologic studies addressing environmental/occupational exposures, pharmacotherapy, and genetics/genomics.
• Work with the Center Director and Associate Center Director for Research Operations, to provide managerial leadership to the Center.
• Work closely with the Project Managers to reach the research objectives of the study while adhering to national and VA research compliance standards.
• Serve as a Project Manager on new initiatives within the Center and the Cooperative Studies Program.
• Assist Project Managers with staff hiring, training, and supervision.
• Assist Lead Administrator with research administrative duties, including budget and contract management.
• Foster collaborations on best management practices across the Cooperative Studies Program sites.
• Work closely with the Quality Management Specialist to integrate quality improvement practices into research activities.
• Work closely with ERIC and CSP staff to ensure success of Center research projects.
• Minimum of a bachelors-level degree in a scientific field and 5 years of managing large-scale research studies including oversight of instrumentation, data collection, and operations.
• Knowledge of national and VA research compliance standards.
• Record of leadership and team building.
• Proficient in standard Microsoft Office products including Access.
Candidates must be US citizens. Depending on the candidate’s experience, the target salary will be in the GS-11 to GS-12 range. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine position eligibility and targeted GS level, per the Office of Personnel Management General Schedule table at opm.gov.
GS-11 to GS-12
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, materials received by January 10, 2020 will be considered first. Only complete applications will be considered.
For more information about the Seattle ERIC, please see seattle.eric.research.va.gov.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job