Program Manager: Southeast Asia
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
NDI is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-governmental organization that works in partnership around the world to strengthen and safeguard democratic institutions, processes, norms and values to secure a better quality of life for all. NDI envisions a world where democracy and freedom prevail, with dignity for all.
Program Manager: Southeast Asia
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Program Manager to plan, design, implement, and manage one or more designated programs of significant complexity and scope in Southeast Asian countries across the region. Competitive applicants will have experience working with civil society organizations and other stakeholders on issues such as citizen participation, elections, parliamentary strengthening, and other democratic governance topics. Working proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and/or Khmer is a significant plus.
• Serve as a resource and provide general guidance to Project Assistants, Program Associates, and Program Officers on programmatic procedures, tasks and assignments.
• Lead the development of detailed work plans to ensure achievement of assigned program(s) objective(s) and expected outcomes, including the establishment of actions to be taken, the required resources (time, funding, staffing, etc.), a schedule/timeline for the actions required, and specific measures/metrics for evaluation at completion.
• Conduct all aspects of program management, ensuring the effective and efficient execution of the established program work plans, including established actions, outcomes, and timelines
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field, or equivalent experience. Graduate degree in a similar discipline preferred.
• Five years of relevant work experience in international-development, community organizing, political campaigns, or legislative affairs, or a similar field, including experience in program strategy and design. An advanced degree or work towards one in a relevant discipline may be substituted for required years of experience on a one-for-one basis.
• Prior relevant international field work experience performed in-country is highly desired.
Language- Reading, Written, and Oral/Spoken
• Working level proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and/or Khmer a significant plus.
NDI promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job