Program Manager- Homelessness Prevention
About the organization
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Program Manager for our Homelessness Prevention program: Under the supervision of the Director of Prevention, and in collaboration with other Prevention Program Managers, this position will oversee the day-to-day operations for programs including: human trafficking, juvenile detention, sexual violence, one permanent housing program, and other new services, as Prevention programs expands. Common tasks will include hiring and supervising program staff, providing one-on-one supervision, leading community collaborations, contract oversight, record keeping, and reporting, and implementation of programming in accordance with YouthCare and funding source procedures, rules, and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and 5 or more years of experience successfully working with vulnerable young people or young people experiencing crisis, during outreach efforts or in residential setting. OR, Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field and at least 1 year of experience working with vulnerable young people or young people experiencing crisis, during outreach efforts or in residential setting.
• 2 or more years’ experience supervising staff
• Demonstrated skill in staff supervision and understanding of staff development principles. Strong team leadership and team development skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Access to a personal vehicle and a willingness to transport young people in your personal vehicle. Possession of required liability insurance to transport young people in your personal vehicle.
$47,500 - $53,900
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job