Program Manager: Gender, Women and Democracy
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
Job Function: Washington DC
Department: Gender, Women and Democracy
Location: Washington, DC
Program Manager: Gender, Women, and Democracy
Candidates must be legally eligible and authorized to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Program Manager for the Gender, Women and Democracy (GWD) team. The postholder is expected to be able to: provide technical advice on gender, women and democracy to NDI's regional program teams; plan, design, implement, and manage one or more designated programs, which are generally complex and have a significant budget; develop and manage partnerships within the Institute and beyond it, to support NDI's program implementation, advocacy on norms or thought leadership initiatives.
GWD contributes to the planning, designing and implementation of regional, country and global programs related to overcoming the barriers to women's political participation as a pathway to gender equality and women's empowerment. GWD also develops tools and approaches for gender-transformative democracy programming, informed by NDI's theory of change, and its commitment to gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Women, Peace and Security or a related field, or equivalent experience working with gender-focused or women's rights organizations.
* Graduate degree in Gender Studies or Women Peace and Security is preferred.
* Five years of relevant work experience in international-development,women's and girls' rights and empowerment, feminist movements, community organizing, political campaigns, or legislative affairs, or a similar field, including experience in program strategy and design. An advanced degree or work towards one in a relevant discipline may be substituted for required years of experience on a one-for-one basis.
* Advanced knowledge and competence in gender, women's rights and inclusion or women, peace and security and one or more of NDI's international development disciplines, e.g. political campaigns, elections, community organizing, technology innovation, etc.
* Knowledge of budget development/management and accounting processes along with math skills and the ability to perform accurate calculations and understand quantitative information.
* Strong analytical and judgment skills for identifying problems, drawing conclusions, determining options for resolution, and recommending next steps.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job