Program Manager, Education Abroad Services & Volunteer Engagement
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
About the organization
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
Position Summary: In partnership with the Senior Director, Education Abroad Services and Volunteer Engagement, the Program Manager supports a variety of volunteer management and engagement activities, focused primarily within the Education Abroad Services (EAS) unit and the Membership Engagement Committee (MEC), as well as Member Interest Groups (MIGs). This position is highly collaborative and requires deft coordination with both NAFSA staff members and external stakeholders.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
Serve as staff liaison for Member Interest Groups (MIGs) (30%)
Provide administrative support for the EAS staff (30%)
Support pan-NAFSA leadership activities (15%)
Provide technical support to the unit (20%)
Assist with other projects and duties as assigned (5%)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least two years of previous work experience
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including web-based applications
• Demonstrated ability to plan, take initiative, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment in a complex, fast-moving environment
• Experience with database software, as well as various web or cloud-based conferencing platforms
• Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
• Exposure to or experience in volunteer engagement and/or international education
• Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association membership, or nonprofit organization
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job