Program Manager, Agriculture
About the organization
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
In this role, you will independently set the direction and approach to your work through proactively designing solutions to complex organizational challenges. Program Managers understand the budget constraints, the necessity to build for scale, and the broad strategic implications of their work. The Program Manager, Agriculture role is critical to ensuring that we are delivering the highest quality of inputs and services possible to our farmers. With our ambitious plans to increase our impact with farmers, this is a crucial role to the team. For the right candidate, there are opportunities in the future to expand the role regionally.
Design and implement agriculture projects and trainings to promote successful harvest for farmers. Ensure quality control of agricultural trials and core program activities.
Research and Development
Trial new crops and seed varieties, conduct agricultural research and write research reports for current and proposed agriculture activities.
Maintain positive relationships with partners related to agriculture information and input sourcing.
Mentor and manage the local agriculture field teams, including creating extensive training materials, developing work plans, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
Critical Requirement: English and French proficiency
Term: 2-year minimum commitment
• A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
• At least 4 years work experience and prior management experience – preferably including background in building and expanding programs. Please also note that the ability to work with the speed and flexibility of a start-up versus an academic environment is crucial to this role.
• French and English proficiency – Business in Mali and Senegal is conducted in French, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro.
• A masters or Ph.D. in an agronomy discipline
• Significant experience living and working in a developing country
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong managerial skills
• Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
• Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
• As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job