North Carolina Farmworker Health Program
About the organization
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP) at the Office of Rural Health, NC DHHS, works to improve the health of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families by providing funding, training, and technical assistance to a statewide network of outreach and health care providers.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead NFHP’s program and COVID-response evaluation efforts. Job responsibilities will vary depending upon changing needs but can include:
- Lead a participatory, utilization-focused evaluation of NCFHP’s COVID-19 initiatives .
- Develop an evaluation plan with priorities, timeline, data collection and reporting procedures.
- Carry out data collection activities including but not limited to surveys and interviews.
- Compile, clean and analyze data.
- Summarize findings, create reports and develop recommendations for future work.
- Coordinate with NCFHP team members and partners in designing and implementing evaluations on additional programs, activities and services, as time allows.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience with participatory evaluation strategies.
- Ability to work with communities to develop and implement evaluation strategies to respond to the needs of farmworkers and the agricultural community.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively initiate and lead evaluation meetings.
- Understanding of and commitment to cultural humility, health equity and racial equity.
- Experience with farmworkers or other underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Lived experience as part of a farmworker or agricultural family or community.
- Experience with or knowledge of the CDC’s framework for evaluation in public health.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with state agencies, non-profits, health programs or federally qualified health centers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organizations, agencies, communities and individuals.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job