Program Director (MA, WA, MI, FL or TX)
About the organization
MHP Salud promotes the Community Health Worker (CHW) profession nationally as a culturally appropriate strategy to improve health and implements CHW programs to empower underserved Latino communities.
One position available, must reside in one of the following states:
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking a Program Director Grade 2. As the organization continues to expand steadily over the last several years, the need for high quality staff that can represent and advance MHP Salud’s initiatives in national and state coalitions, initiatives, conferences, and networks continues to grow.
The Program Director Grade 2 will be responsible for delivering consultation to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) across the nation that are starting or wish to strengthen their own Community Health Worker (CHW) program. In addition, the Program Director Grade 2 will be responsible for developing educational resources that will be disseminated at a national level. A large part of the work involves collaboration with partners located across the country to provide collaborative consultation to staff of FQHCs, ranging from CHWs to program managers to leadership. This position delivers consultation primarily through virtual means and presents at national/regional conferences throughout the year.
While the full job description is on our website at www.mhpsalud.org, successful candidates will:
• Use their strong written and oral communication skills to produce resources, briefs, presentations, reports, and proposals for both internal and external audiences
• Manage several projects addressing different audiences simultaneously, negotiating the state and federal arenas to ensure organizational and partner needs are addressed
• Conduct workshops, trainings, and provide knowledge transfer on a number of health and health related topics
• Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to partners, FQHCs and internal staff to meet program goals
A background and/or interest with Community Health Worker programs in a clinical setting is a plus, as is bicultural (Latino/Anglo) experience. The ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish is required. An earned Master’s degree is required (degrees in disciplines requiring a synthesis of large volumes of interdisciplinary data preferred), and 2-4 years work experience
57,000- 66,000 DOQ
Complete applications online at mhpsalud.org and should include the following components:
1. Completed MHP Salud Job Application from website:
2. Current resume
3. Names and contact information for three work references
4. Professional writing sample - (3-5 page max in PDF format)
Official transcripts will be required before hire.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job