All Hands and Hearts
About the organization
All Hands and Hearts effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters. We communicate directly with local leaders and community members and then deploy our unique model of engaging volunteers to enable direct impact, helping to build safer, more resilient schools, homes and infrastructure.
Through community and volunteer engagement, we focus on helping families recover faster after natural disasters using our Smart Response strategy. In doing so, we strengthen both our volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
- Responsible for the program as a whole.
-Ensure the overall budget/timeline compliance of the program.
- Recruit and manage an effective staff team to meet the specific needs of the communities affected by the disaster, in communication with the International Recovery/Response Manager and Director of International Response/Recovery.
- Support the operations and project teams to deliver their specific operational and project targets within the approved time and budget constraints.
- Manage a diverse staff team, volunteers and local staff and empower them to carry out their work effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly and fortnightly reporting for all aspects of the program.
- Continuously develop the strategic direction and scope of the program, in liaison with the International Recovery/Response Manager.
- With the support of the International Recovery Manager, Project Manager and Operations Manager, develop, implement, and review the program’s Emergency and Evacuation Procedures, and Health, Safety, and Security protocol.
- Attend Cluster and Working Group Meetings
- Provide ongoing support to staff and volunteers. Support the Project Manager in the implementation of Site Supervisor (Trainee) training matrix.
- Oversee and support the Community Coordinator in developing the scope of community engagement and renewal projects
- Other duties as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in a relevant field.
- Related Experience: A minimum of two years experience working in a disaster response context, preferably with AHAH. At least one year of experience in a role with project management responsibilities, including budget tracking and reporting. At least two years of management experience in a professional setting. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. International travel experience, preferably in developing countries, is preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications: Spanish speaking preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Outstanding leadership and delegation skills. Able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Must have a sophisticated and developed management style. The familiarity of international humanitarian standards including Sphere and HAP.
- Work Environment/Conditions: Communal living environment. High-stress situations.
Please apply via our website: https://allhandsandhearts.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=531
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job