Program Development Officer/Senior Program Development Officer
About the organization
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in the design and implementation of sustainable, enterprise-based agricultural initiatives. We work with businesses, foundations, governments, and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity, and improve access to inputs and financing in 45 countries around the world.
• Engage in networking, research and analysis to collect information that contributes to our ability to: make strategic and informed decisions regarding new business ventures; position the organization given evolving trends in the agriculture arena of international development; and, identify and respond to specific upcoming proposal development opportunities;
• Provide coordination, management and development of business planning activities across various countries and sectors. Work with the team in managing all phases of the proposal development process to include: partner management, proposal conceptualizing and writing, personnel recruitment, budgeting, project management, post proposal assessment, etc.;
• Assist with the creation of institutional systems that provide: improved methods of forecasting upcoming business opportunities and develop plans at the country and regional levels; ensure that templates and tools for proposal development are developed, and staff is adequately trained in various aspects of our work; work to smooth collaboration across the organization in the functionality of proposal team methodologies; actively coordinate and participate in planning and/or status meetings to ensure proper adherence to good proposal management practices;
• Lead and support in recruitment efforts on capture and live proposals in collaboration with the Proposal Manager and Proposal Recruiter.
• Acts as Proposal Manager to lead the development of proposals.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree in a related field preferred;
• Minimum two years of experience required in proposal preparation or related profession, five to seven years of experience preferred;
• Two or more years of relevant international development experience highly desirable;
• Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills;
• Proven experience new business development and/or fundraising;
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects;
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
• Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results;
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities;
• Ability to work in an environment with international objectives;
• Ability to be flexible and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels;
• Proficiency with MS Office suite required;
• Ability to travel internationally; and
• Current US work authorization required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job