Program Development and Grants Coordinator
International Rescue Committee
About the organization
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a leading non-sectarian non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. The IRC is committed to freedom, human dignity and self-reliance. This committment is reflected in well-planned global emergency relief, rehabilitation, resettlement assistance and advocacy for refugees.
In Mali, IRC carries out its activities in close collaboration with civil society organizations, local authorities and beneficiary populations. IRC's actions are coordinated from a central office in Bamako and field offices in Nara, Douentza, Tenenkou, Youwarou, Kidal, Menaka and Ansongo.
IRC Mali is seeking a Program Development and Grants Coordinator to be based in Bamako. The ideal candidate has excellent coordination and networking, innovation and efficient problem-solving skills. He/she is able to work effectively with program teams and other departments.
Job Overview / Summary:
The Program Development and Grants Coordinator coordinates - in close collaboration with the Deputy Director of Programs - the production of timely and high quality project proposals, amendments and reports for submission to the donors; provides advice to program teams and supports departments on compliance with IRC and donor rules; is responsible for the management of contract documents in hard copy and electronic format and supports the mission to increase the visibility of IRC in Mali.
Master's degree or equivalent in international affairs, international development or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience in grant management and proposal / development
• International experience with preference in West Africa.
• Prior knowledge of donor regulations (BHA, USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, AFD, Europaid etc.).
• Previous successful experience in project development, proposal writing and reporting for public donors.
• A good communicator with strong organizational management, time management and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills
• Strong writing and editing skills with attention to detail
• Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Strong ability to advise and build staff capacity
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
• Strong computer skills
• Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written, is essential.
• Previous experience with IRC would be an asset
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job