About the organization
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community.
· Assist PD and other senior staff with setting and implementing department goals
· Work closely with Program Director to understand the contractual obligations for the program
· Work in conjunction with Program Director to develop budgets for new and existing programs
· In coordination with the PD, supervisors and other senior staff, prepare proposals for development/expansion/continuation of programs
· Assist PD in preparing reports to funding sources
· Assist Senior staff in overseeing reporting to funding sources to ensure all programs are meeting contractual goals and reporting requirements
· Assist PD with developing corrective action plans for programs that are not meeting the contractual obligations
· Develop communication and act as liaison with contract managers; maintain positive relationships with funding sources
· Attend department meetings as required
· Help organize and plan staff trainings
· Monitor staff performance, including performing case reviews and structured observations
· Submit reports to PD on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required
· Act as liaison with the community including the area community districts
· Participate in grant writing projects
· Submit written reports and analysis that accompany data reporting and presentations
· Provide quality assurance for case management input and charting in client-based data systems including CARES, AWARDS, and HMIS
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one years’ experience in social services or master’s degree
Strong writing and oral communication skills
Strong presentation skills and ability to represent the agency at functions and meetings
Ability to collect and analyze client demographics and outcome
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
Ability to climb five flights of stairs
Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather
Contact email: [email protected]
•BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
•Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
•12 paid holidays.
•Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
•A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
•Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
•TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
•Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job