Program Coordinator - TOP - Teen Outreach Program
Sasha Bruce Youthwork
About the organization
Sasha Bruce Youthwork (SBY) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youth and families in the Washington DC area. The agency includes 19 programs ranging from shelter for homeless youth to service-enriched transitional housing to street outreach, as well as a variety of counseling interventions using a competency-based youth development approach
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of Program Director, the Program Coordinator will perform the duties required to achieve the goals of Sasha Bruce Youthwork initiatives at assigned program sites. Additionally, the TOP® facilitator may be responsible for implementing up to 3 weekly TOP® s.essions, coordinating community service learning opportunities, and providing overall support for teens enrolled in the program. S/he will facilitate the program according to the evidence-based "Wyman's Teen Outreach Program®" approach and support the evaluation and continual quality improvement.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB Essential Functions
1. Provide leadership in recruitment, screening, selection, registering and monitoring of
TOP® Provider Organizations within the Replication Partner's network.
2. Coordinate, schedule, and handle all logistics in conjunction with the Program Director and school partners for successfully implemented Teen Outreach Program Facilitator trainings.
3. Deliver the Teen Outreach Program® Training in accordance with the Training of Trainers curriculum received from Wyman. Ensure all participants are prepared with details and schedules prior to the training.
4. Plan for a successful training by following the checklist and timeline detailed in the
Training of Trainers (TOT) Manual.
5. Work with Program Director to prepare for, coordinate, and track site visits from
Wyman and any additional visits by Wyman to the replication part
Education: Bachelor's degree in Education, Nonprofit Management, Social Work, Business or related field required, Master's preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in adult learning and at least one year of teen program delivery, training and/or group facilitation.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven success in adult learning, workshop delivery or training.
• Ability to become trained as a Teen Outreach Program® trainer.
• In-depth knowledge of the stages of adolescent/teen development and positive approaches to behavior management in a group setting.
• Ability to foster open communication with existing staff and partner organizations.
• Cultural competence in the environments where TOP® and training will be delivered
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a high performing team.
• Experienced in use of the Adult Learning model
• Ability to discern areas of improvement and coach and deliver feedback to ensure success of training for all participants.
• Knowledge of MS Office
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job