Program Coordinator, Boston
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org
The Program Coordinator ensures Jumpstart programs are fully compliant with various state, federal, and local requirements, and ensures operations of programs run smoothly. The role handles operational and administrative duties in support of a cohort of Jumpstart members, most of whom serve as AmeriCorps members who have committed to serve 300 hours of service over an academic year.
The Program Coordinator also works closely with teams comprised of Quality Coaches and Volunteer Managers to ensure that programmatic goals are achieved. The Program Coordinator reports directly to an Operations Manager.
• Associate’s degree with at least 2 years of work experience; or equivalent relevant professional experience
• Proven ability to plan, implement, and coordinate projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
• Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to build strong working relationships and effectively communicate with team members
• Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites on an ongoing basis
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Commitment to Jumpstart's values of learning, determination, connection, joy and kindness
• Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
Preferred or Ideal:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience with AmeriCorps or other grant compliance
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job