Program Associate, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The PROGRAM ASSOCIATE is a vital extra set of hands to support the administration and management of the project. We're looking for someone who is flexible, eager to learn, and open to taking on a variety of tasks - all designed to ensure smooth sailing for project activities. If you are interested in a humanitarian role with tangible outcomes, and the opportunity to work with a fun and creative team spread across the globe - this may be the opportunity for you!
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1421
- 1-3 years of project experience, including field experience OR relevant university degree
- Experience working remotely to support diverse teams
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Superior analytical and writing ability for proposal development
- Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize a shifting workload
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Note: Candidates who do not possess these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
-Experience working in community media projects, humanitarian information projects, and/or maintaining a project web and social media presence an advantage
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or challenging environments a plus
- Fluency in Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Spanish, or French a distinct advantage
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1421
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job