Program Associate (Operations, Innovations, multiple vacancies)
One Acre Fund
About the organization
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers increase profits by 50 percent on the activities we support.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 950,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1,250,000 farm families in 2020.
One Acre Fund is growing quickly, and we plan to at least triple our farmer impact in the next five years. This offers Program Associates a powerful career opportunity: learn from a successful field operation, contribute to aggressive growth, and make improvements to our program.
We are looking for Program Associates for a variety of teams within One Acre Fund, including:
Our country operation teams face the classic management challenge: how to keep a large country operation growing at 30-60% per year while also making improvements to our operating model. Program Associates learn from our organizations deep knowledge on scaling rural field programs; then, they are challenged to find new ways to stretch, grow faster, and increase our quality of service.
• Field operations staff focus on farmer-facing services. Staff help to develop and manage performance of 500-3,000 field staff. Some roles are more general; others specialize in important moments like new site expansion, enrollment, and repayment.
Our Innovation teams discover new ideas for our programs and conduct dozens of trials to test these ideas.
• Product Innovations staff improve our core agricultural products or run new experiments in energy and health products. For example, our Product Innovations team is investigating delivery of live chickens and preparing the product for full-scale roll out.
We are looking for exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
• A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years.
• Language: English required in all locations. French required for Burundi placement. Other notable and useful languages are Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa, Amharic.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job