Program Associate - Health
Results for Development
About the organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do.
The Program Associate will be expected to provide a broad range of project functions that include: project monitoring and tracking of project activities against set objectives; development of project progress reports; coordination of development and submission of project deliverables; and business development support across the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performing and supporting internal administrative processes critical to the functioning of a rapidly growing team and organization;
- Developing user-friendly templates and efficient processes for regular project reporting;
- Facilitating and supporting routine business processes, such as recruitment, procurement, contracting, and payments;
- Contributing to the development of high quality work products, including presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, and more;
- Supporting the development and maintenance of positive relationships with multiple stakeholders, including within R4D and with partner and funding organizations;
- Over time, making increasing contributions to technical activities, such as conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis on technical and policy issues related to health systems and financing;
- Providing organization and logistics support for convening of stakeholder meetings, workshops, and other collaborative forums.
- Successful candidates are likely to have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate training in Public Health, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Public Policy, Political Science, International Affairs, or other relevant discipline;
- Up to three (3) years of relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Demonstrated interest in health, health financing, and/or social sector policy development;
- Ability to delivery high-quality outputs and results within tight timeframes;
- Familiarity with routine administrative and project management functions;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; and
- Full professional fluency in written and spoken English; French fluency highly desired.
Additionally, R4D prizes people who are:
- Good and active listeners and facilitators;
- Productive, energetic, creative and task oriented;
- Adept at exchanging constructive feedback;
- Skillful communicators before scientific, policy and lay audiences;
- Equally comfortable and capable working independently and in teams;
- Highly collaborative and approachable; and
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job