Program Associate -- Full-time, Temporary Not to Exceed 1 year;
Corporation for National and Community Service
About the organization
Established in 1993, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is an independent Federal agency that engages more than 5 million Americans in service through its core programs – AmeriCorps and Senior Corps -- and leads the national call to service initiative, United We Serve.
AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) is a full-time, team based residential program for men and women ages 18 to 24. The program is designed to strengthen communities and develop leaders through direct, team-based national and community service. The Program Associate position is located in the Department of the Chief Program Officer, Ame
The Program Associate provides a variety of administrative, logistical and technical support functions to facilitate COVID-19 contact tracing as well as supporting the work flow of the office.
Primary Duties Include:
• Coordinates a wide range of logistical requirements that support administration and operations in general.
• Establishes tracking systems for a variety of data, tracks the data, and produces reports.
• Conducts data mining and participates in data verification, quantitative and qualitative analysis of material to be used as a basis for formulating strategic goals and program objectives.
• Makes travel arrangements and prepares travel vouchers.
• Supports the supervisor and/or designee with confidential correspondence and communications, file management and other administrative tasks.
• Prepares and produces a variety of documents including: letters, reports, and briefing and presentation materials using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Contributes, as a team member, to the development, support and implementation of special initiatives such as campus-wide evaluations, focus and action groups among other things.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (paid, unpaid, or volunteer work) equivalent to, the GS-06 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience must include: work experience performing a variety of administrative and office support functions, establishing and maintaining tracking systems, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
You may qualify based on education alone or in combination with work experience. If you are qualifying based on education alone, you must have one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement as defined by being in the upper third of your graduating class; or possessing a 3.0 GPA or higher over four years of education; or possessing a 3.5 GPA or higher during final 2 years of education.
$47,420 per annum
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a current resume to: [email protected]
Note: You will be eligible to enroll in the Federal Health Benefits Program.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply