Program Associate, Elections & Voting
About the organization
Democracy Fund invests in organizations working to ensure that our political system is able to withstand new challenges and deliver on its promise to the American people. We work on things that make democracy work better.
At the heart of our vision for the future are three core commitments: fostering more effective governance in the United States, modernizing our election and campaign finance systems, and strengthening our media and the public square to help people understand and participate in the democratic process. To date, we have committed more than $100 million in support of a healthy democracy.
Out of deep respect for the U.S. Constitution and our nation’s core democratic values, eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar founded Democracy Fund. Incubated in the Omidyar Network, the Democracy Fund launched as an independent foundation in 2014 and is based in Washington, D.C.
Democracy Fund’s Elections Program team supports people and organizations working to strengthen elections, improve integrity and public trust in the electoral system, and reduce the dependency of our leaders on special financial interests.
We are seeking a Program Associate to support projects that advance voting reform policy and build an innovative election administration community. The Program Associate’s responsibilities will include grantmaking, project management, and expanding the functionality and reach of electionline.org – the nation’s only nonpartisan, non-advocacy clearinghouse for election administration news and information.
We are looking for applicants who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, an appreciation for systems thinking, and are passionate about making our democracy and elections work better. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of elections administration and bring several years of experience related to election policy or administration, government, civic technology, or another field of public service. The successful candidate will also have strong writing and communication skills, with demonstrated success collaborating in a complex, fast-paced environment. As an organization that works with people, grantees and institutions across the political spectrum, the willingness and ability to work well across the aisle is essential.
Job Duties: https://democracyfund.applytojob.com/apply/wEOrSIKwMA/Program-Associate-Elections-Voting
- Deep passion for strengthening American democracy and supporting a voter-centric election system.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-6 years of experience working in project management, communications, or public service with an emphasis on writing, preferably with a focus on elections.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Familiarity with publishing on WordPress is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous grantmaking experience is valued but not necessary. Candidate should be able to analyze and assess organizations and their contributions to the elections field.
- Professional maturity with demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to meet competing deadlines, with an attention to detail to deliver high quality results.
- Success in developing and maintaining institutional, political, and personal relationships.
- Ability to travel periodically for project work.
- Flexibility and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- This role is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. No calls please.
Democracy Fund is committed to a diverse workplace, seeking voices and expertise from people from across the political spectrum. Our board, staff, advisors, and grantees include Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. Democracy Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job