Program Associate - Asia Programs
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Program Associate - Asia Programs position supports projects in Asia. The Program Associate will provide a broad range of administrative and project support including maintaining administrative systems and editing and writing reports and communication materials.
Please visit the complete Job Description on our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1369
- B.A. in International Relations, Political Science, Communications, or a related field;
- Highly computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office; InDesign, and Photoshop an advantage;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, professional, and a team player;
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Willing to take early-morning or evening calls on a periodic basis;
- Must possess an ability to work with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and sensitivity to different cultures;
- Ability and willingness to travel to Asia, COVID restrictions allowing;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver and good humored.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job