Program Assistant - Part-time - 18-20 Hrs. Per Week
Our Family Services, Inc.
About the organization
Our mission is to eliminate homelessness and strengthen our community.
Vision- Our community is a better place to live, to grow up, and to grow older.
Our Family is a $6.5 million agency in Tucson, AZ, that employs approximately 60 staff and hundreds of volunteers and interns. We provide shelter and support to homeless children, youth and families. We promote peace and understanding by helping people talk to each other. We help people learn to be better parents, improve their lives and build stronger families.
Our Family supports a healthy work-life balance and is routinely rated by its employees as having an enjoyable, friendly, flexible, and supportive work culture. We value our employees and hope you will consider joining our team!
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Center for Community Dialogue & Training in a manner that accomplishes assigned tasks and increases overall program productivity. The Center for Community Dialogue & Training offers training and a variety of services to help Southern Arizonans talk about challenging issues in a skilled, civil, and respectful way. Services include mediation, group facilitation, training, circles processes, and dialogue and deliberation.
All agency positions are expected to meet the agency standards for attendance and punctuality, positive interactions with others, effective work habits, knowledge and skills, judgment and ethics. The specific expectations and essential duties of this position include:
• Supports department in program administration activities, including
o phone calls and emails,
o training preparation and follow-up,
o scheduling appointments,
o data tracking,
o documenting meeting activities.
• Ensures accurate data details and up-to-date program records are kept in databases and spreadsheet tracking systems.
• Participates in actively soliciting feedback and outcomes from program participants through distributing satisfaction surveys or other approved means.
• Assist with public promotions of programs & events through flyers, web, e-blasts and social media.
• Provides support to program volunteers and staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• One (1) year administrative support experience related to position.
• Eligible to receive and maintain state fingerprint clearance.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Ability to organize and coordinate group activities.
• Ability to remain calm in a stressful multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Good organization and attention to detail.
• Since driving may occasionally be required to fulfill the job functions, a valid Arizona driver’s license, reliable transportation, clean driving record, and current auto insurance are preferred.
• Extensive computer and technological skills necessary to complete agency paperwork, keep accurate and timely records, maintain appropriate correspondence, enter and retrieve information on a database or spreadsheet, use agency email, and locate information on internet. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, ETO, and PowerPoint preferred.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job