Program Assistant: Central & Eastern Europe
National Democratic Institute
Job Function: Washington DC
Department: Central & Eastern Europe
Location: Washington, DC
Program Assistant: Central and Eastern Europe
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Program Assistant to support its democracy development programs in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). This position will support members of the CEE team and in-country staff in the day-to-day activities and planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of democracy support programs related to strengthening civil society, enhancing democratic governance, enhancing women's and other marginalized groups' political participation, and strengthening political parties. The position isbe based in Washington, DC, and may require occasional travel overseas.
Under close supervision and direction of senior staff within the CEE team, the Program Assistant will:
• Create initial drafts of program documents or portions thereof, including proposals, reports, memos, program updates, and newsletter articles.
• Create initial drafts of budgets; monitor program expenditures using Excel, Quicken, and other budget tracking tools; reconcile program expenditures on a monthly basis.
• Support proposal and work plan production, and assist in keeping NDI's internal and external webpage postings current.
• Keep track of program events in the field and in DC, and assist in organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files of related documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in international relations, political science or a related field; additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis;
• Demonstrated coursework and/or internships or jobs in international development, community organizing, political campaigns, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, security studies or legislative affairs;
• Work or experience on or in Central and Eastern Europe;
• Excellent oral and communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions;
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible and authorized to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/wdxdmcqt4wfm3ckh
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job