Program Assistant: Asia-Pacific
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government
Temporary: Program Assistant: Asia-Pacific
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Program Assistant to join its Asia-Pacific team and support country staff, program officers and the Regional Director. Specific focus is on DC-based support of the team's Myanmar programs.
The ideal candidate would start as soon as possible. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a successful candidate would work from home and could be based anywhere in the continental United States (due to time zone constraints).
This is a temporary position at NDI lasting no longer than six months due to budgetary limitations. There will be no expectation of converting this position to a full-time position. If the Asia-Pacific team is able to hire a full-time position at this level or another level for this portfolio, the position will be posted at that time and the incumbent in this position will be able to compete for it.
Under close supervision and direction of senior staff within the team, the Program Assistant will:
• Provide administrative and logistical support
• Contribute to writing and reporting of various documents specific to the team and/or region
• Create initial drafts of budgets; and monitors program budgets
• Participate in program support and conducts research on programs
• Provide administrative support for proposal production and work plan formulation
• Attend meetings in keep up to date on the latest information on team,region,or partners
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• Demonstrated coursework and/or internships in international development, community organizing, political campaigning, organizational development, legislative affairs or related subject
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and NGO community
• Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/j85yhx7zsmdn6367
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job