Program Assistant, Anglophone Market Group
Population Services International
About the organization
Population Services International (PSI) is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV, and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
We are looking for a Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions in the Anglophone Africa department. The PA will have wide ranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative and financial tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Associate Program Manager for Anglophone Africa.
The position will form part of a regional backstopping team based in DC and Nairobi and will be expected to interact regularly with the Regional Office in Nairobi, the field offices in the region, as well as other departments in Washington including Contracts, Finance and Procurement.
• Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Associate Program Managers, Program Managers, Finance Manager, Subaward Manager, Financial Analysts, and Regional Directors
• Liaise with the Grants and Contracts department for review of contracts and budgets, and track/respond to issues
• Create review, update and realign donor budgets as assigned, and manage the project setup and modification process
• Review and process vendor and consultant invoices generated both through DC and the country offices; track and reconcile credit card activity and business communications expenses
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least one-year experience working in a fast-paced office environment
• Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
• Advanced computer skills with strong Excel skills (and including MS Office applications)
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail and timeliness
• French language skills a plus
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ktxjggsy94q6jzxp
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job