U.S. EPA Criminal Investigation Division
About the organization
Earth Day is every day at EPA! At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you’ll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career--we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. Find yourself at EPA. Learn more about EPA at https://www.epa.gov
This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Office of Criminal Enforcement, Forensics and Training, Criminal Investigation Division.
- Use program evaluation techniques to analyze and develop information for decision makers to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
- Develop and apply analytical approaches, methodologies, concepts and techniques to plan and carry out studies/projects to assist the organization in program planning, measurement, or progress evaluation.
- Examine current or proposed policies, laws, regulations or administrative procedures to determine potential impact and develop associated recommendations.
- Gather and evaluate programmatic data to develop recurring or special reports, prepare executive briefings and similar materials for use by management in carrying out and reporting on program accomplishments.
- When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
We are looking for at least one year of specialized experience related to this position as described below:
To qualify for the GS-11 level, you need to have at least one year of full-time experience equivalent to the GS-09 level defined as participating in projects and/or studies to assist with program planning and efficiency;
- OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., in an academic discipline related to this position
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To qualify for the GS-12 level, you need to have at least one year of full-time experience equivalent to the GS-11 level defined as conducting projects and/or studies to evaluate program performance and efficiency.
Your answers to the online assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
Ability to use automated reporting software and/or systems.
Skill in oral communication
Ability to evaluate program performance results.
Ability to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assess program development.
Ability to work on a team.
Ability to analyze programmatic data.
Skill in gathering and evaluating administrative data.
Knowledge of program related policies, laws, regulations, and/or procedures.
Ability to use analysis to make recommendations to management.
$64,649 - $113,362 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
We will review your resume, any college transcripts, and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications section.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply