Program Analyst GS-0343-7/9 (FPL 11)
National Science Foundation
About the organization
Do you want to shape the future of science, engineering, and education? Do you want to join a team that has been involved in nearly every major innovation that has transformed our world over the last 60 years?
If so, we welcome your application to the National Science Foundation (NSF). At NSF, we support foundational research to create knowledge that defines the future, and solves some of the greatest challenges of our time. NSF is a creative and collegial atmosphere, respected in both the federal and scientific arenas, and committed to individual career development.
The incumbent serves as a Program Analyst in the NSF Office of the Director. Program Analysts work closely with science leaders and administrative professionals at NSF. If you are analysis-oriented, results-driven, and want to be actively involved in the administrative support for a Federal agency leading the Nation's scientific discoveries, our Program Analyst position is for you.
As a Program Analyst in the Office of the Director, you will play a key role in monitoring program effectiveness. Specifically, you will:
Financial Resources Management
- Identifies resources required to provide support.
- Administers assigned budget operations by performing continuing analysis.
- Advises management on financial matters
- Ensures adherence to financial management regulations.
Business Process Management
- Leads teams in restructuring work processes, standardizing procedures.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of administrative procedures
- Recommends changes to short and long-term strategic plans.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, organizes, implements, communicates, and tracks project plans, guidelines, budgets, procedures and timetables for assigned projects.
- Recommends improvements to cross-directorate programs and activities.
- Collects pertinent statistical data and narrative information.
- Analyzes data to identify patterns and trends. Tracks/Reports Data.
Receives and screens calls and visitors to the office and takes appropriate action.
- Receives, prepares, reviews all incoming electronic and written/paper correspondence.
- Participates in management meetings held to make decisions with regard to modifying or initiating programs or projects.
To qualify at the GS-7 level, you must have one of the following:
1. Oneyear of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level. Examples include: gathering, extracting, reviewing and consolidating data in the formulation of reports; assisting senior analysts in the preparation of program reports; performing research of laws and regulations; and participating as a team member to complete special projects.
2. 1 year of graduate education.
3. A Bachelor's degree with Superior Academic Achievement
4. A combination of education and experience
To qualify at the GS-09 level, you need to have one of the following:
1. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level. Examples of specialized experience include: conducting analysis of financial matters to determine resources required; using various data management systems to apply analytical techniques to identify patterns and trends, and to track and monitor analytical activities; and assisting in the performance of management studies to evaluate program success and to offer recommendations for improvement.
2. A master's degree
3. 2 years of graduate education.
4. A combination of education and experience.
$47,016 - $74,759
Contact email: [email protected]
IMPORTANT: Please specify the following in the subject line of your email: "RPCV-2019-16, PROGRAM ANALYST, and your full name.
Your application should be submitted online and must be completed and all required documents successfully emailed before 11:59 PM Eastern time on the closing date.
Your email must include a detailed resume and documentation of your Peace Corps Description of Service (DOS) and/or Peace Corps Personnel SF50 and experience which specifies your period of Non-Competitive eligibility for this federal position.
Note that qualifications for specific grade levels will be determined by a careful review of your education and experience.
Note also: More than one position may be filled by this announcement in offices throughout the NSF, and review of applications will occur as applications are received, (so apply early for prompt consideration)! Thank you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply