Program Analyst, GS-0343-09
US Environmental Protection Agency - Region 2
About the organization
The mission of EPA is to protect human health and the environment. EPA works to ensure that: Americans have clean air, land and water; National efforts to reduce environmental risks are based on the best available scientific information; Federal laws protecting human health and the environment are administered and enforced fairly, effectively and as Congress intended; Environmental stewardship is integral to U.S. policies concerning natural resources, human health, economic growth, energy, transportation, agriculture, industry, and international trade, and these factors are similarly considered in establishing environmental policy; All parts of society--communities, individuals, businesses, and state, local and tribal governments--have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks; and Contaminated lands and toxic sites are cleaned up by potentially responsible parties and revitalized.
EPA-Region 2's Sustainable Materials Management Section (SMMS) in New York City is seeking to fill a Program Analyst (Solid Waste and Sustainable Materials Management Project Manager) position. Job duties include:
• Provide oversight of the implementation of Region 2 states’ and Federally recognized Indian Nations’ approved RCRA Subtitle D solid waste programs; predominantly, but not limited to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands;
• Provide technical assistance to Region 2 states, Indian Nations and municipalities in: the development of RCRA subtitle D solid waste management program capacity and; development of solid waste management plans, sustainable materials management plans and disaster debris management plans;
• Provides effective communication with EPA Headquarters, Regional Management, Congressional Representatives, the State, Indian Nations, Industry, the public and other federal/local agencies on policy and technical guidance pertaining to EPA’s solid waste and sustainable materials management objectives and goals;
• Participation in, or supports, work-groups, other EPA staff, states and Indian Nations engaged in the implementation of EPA’s national sustainable materials management program, and;
• Manages grants and contracts that directly contribute to EPA’s implementation of its solid waste and sustainable materials management programs.
This position has GS-12 promotion potential.
Master's degree is required for GS-9.
The ability to speak Spanish is required.
A valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
$57,948.00 per year (GS-9 w/NYC locality)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply directly to [email protected], and reference "SMMS-Peace Corp" in the subject of your email. Please include your resume, Non-Competitive Eligibility letter, and scanned master's degree transcripts with your email. Please contact James with any questions at (212) 637-4178 or via email.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply