Environmental Protection Agency
About the organization
The Office of Superfund Remediation & Technology Innovation (OSRTI) has management responsibility for remediation of sites under the Superfund cleanup program and promotes new technological applications for innovative treatment. OSRTI is responsible for developing national strategy, programs, technical policies, regulations and guidelines for the cleanup of abandoned hazardous waste sites, increasing the application of innovative treatment technology to contaminated soils and ground water, and working with programs within EPA and representatives of various public and private organizations to promote innovative processes and technologies for cleanup. OSRTI is also responsible for providing technical direction, guidance and support to the Regions at hazardous waste sites through the Environmental Response Teams. OSRTI supports the core mission of OSWER by integrating new technologies and advocating improvements to site characterization and remediation
The Contract Management Branch is seeking candidates with an interest in and aptitude for data analysis and data visualizations. Successful candidates will join a team of program analysts to perform the following job responsibilities:
• Use program evaluation techniques to analyze and develop information for decision makers to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations and contract management.
• Apply analytical approaches, methodologies, concepts and techniques to assist in planning and carrying out projects to aid the organization in program planning, measurement, and progress evaluation.
• Gather, integrate, and evaluate programmatic data from multiple sources to develop recurring or special reports, create visual management tools and data dashboards, and prepare executive briefings and similar materials for use by management in carrying out and reporting on Superfund program accomplishments.
• Plan and organize national meetings and workshops used to develop and implement program strategy.
• Manage office financial resources, including contracts, interagency agreements, and procurement requests.
Qualifications: You must have a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited or pre-accredited college or university.
Preferred areas of study include:
• Business administration or management,
• Information Technology, or
• Math or statistics
In addition, we are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Skill in analytical and evaluative techniques
• Knowledge of project management principles and developmental experience in managing projects
• Ability to handle competing priorities
• Ability to implement an innovative, new, or improved business process or systems solution
• Skill in identifying problem areas, conducting research, and selecting and evaluating technical data
• Skill in developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships
• Skill in using Microsoft Excel and SharePoint,
o Experience with Oracle SQL and data visualization software such as Tableau or Qlik are a plus
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit resume and cover letter to Dana Jones at [email protected] Include the position title in the subject line
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply