U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Relations
About the organization
This position is in the Office of Intergovernmental Relations, which is located within the Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Relations. The office serves as EPA's principal point of contact between EPA senior leadership, states, and local governments. It facilitates interactions and coordinates activities with regional offices around the nation. Also, the office serves as the liaison with these constituencies on the agency's major programs, as well as, intergovernmental issues.
For more information on this office, visit: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-congressional-and-intergovernmental-relations-ocir
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Use program evaluation techniques to analyze and develop information for decision makers to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
- Apply analytical approaches, methodologies, concepts and techniques to assist in planning and carrying out studies/projects to aid the organization in program planning, measurement, or progress evaluation.
- Examine current or proposed policies, laws, regulations or administrative procedures to determine potential impact and develop associated recommendations.
- Gather and evaluate programmatic data to develop recurring or special reports, create databases and data analytics, and prepare executive briefings and similar materials for use by management in carrying out and reporting on program accomplishments.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You do not need a degree to qualify for this position.
To qualify for the GS-09 level, you need to have at least one year of full time experience equivalent to the GS-07 level defined as analyzing information to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; applying analytical approaches, methods, concepts, and/or techniques to assist in program planning; - OR master's or equivalent graduate degree; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.B. or J.D., if related; degree in an academic discipline related to this position.
To qualify for the GS-11 level, you need to have at least one year of full time experience equivalent to the GS-09 level defined as conducting projects and/or studies to assist with program planning and efficiency; OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., in an academic discipline related to this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs and other organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
-Resume clearly stating your experience related to this position.
- College transcripts - if qualifying for this position based on education or a combination of experience and education, you are required to submit either unofficial transcripts or a list of courses that includes school(s) attended, school address, course title, grades earned, completion dates, department, and quarter or semester hours earned.
--Veterans' Preference Documents - DD-214 Member 4 copy (or other copy indicating character of service), VA letter stating overall/combined disability rating (percentage), and SF-15, if applicable; active duty service members: submit certification from the armed forces documenting active duty dates, expected discharge/release date, campaign medals/badges, and character of service.
--References. Provide contact information for at least two professional references.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply