Product Management Fellow
Babban Gona Farmer Services
About the organization
Babban Gona (“Great Farm”) is a rapidly scaling social enterprise, with a mission to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job creation engine for unemployed youth. We do this by offering a suite of services to rural, smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. Our services include providing financial credit, low-cost high quality inputs, ongoing training on best agronomy practices, and providing storage and marketing services to maximize farmers’ profits. In 8 years, BG has helped over 65,000 smallholder farmers increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. Our goal is to serve 1,000,000 smallholder farmers in 2025.
To achieve our goal of reaching 1 million Smallholder farmers in 2025, we must scale through tech. We currently have a small software development team and product management team that have worked hard on digitizing our day-to-day operations including farmer member recruitments, input distribution, growing /planting activities, harvest activities etc. We want to get even better. Our Product Fellow will support the team in translating business needs into product features and user experiences with simple, effective designs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Design applications and tools that allow the organization meet its key goals.
● Support in all aspects of the product lifecycle including requirements definition, testing and future enhancements.
● Conduct experiments and A/B tests to understand which design features /products /initiatives most impact success metrics.
● Drive user adoption, user education and effective product support.
● Provide insights on technology trends, new product approaches /tools that improve the way we work.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or any other STEM subject field.
● At least 2 years’ experience in a product development capacity with familiarity with agile methodologies (scrum) and standard product management practices.
● Obsessive attention to detail.
● Good initiative, positive attitude and a constant willingness to learn.
● Passionate, driven individual with an ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaborative approaches.
● Minimum of two (2) years' full-time work experience
● Fluency in written and spoken English
● Adaptability and openness to feedback
● Empathy and motivation to understand others’ perspectives and views
● Available for 12 - 24 month volunteer commitment, based in Lagos, Nigeria
Contact email: [email protected]
We welcome applications to our Fellows Program on a rolling basis and will match candidate skills and interests with business requirements. Applications will be processed and candidates interviewed as new opportunities emerge. While individual preferences are taken into account, offers to join the Babban Gona Fellows Program are subject to project needs at the time of application.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter expressing how your background has prepared you to make significant contributions as a BG Fellow with subject line: BG Fellows Program [Product Management].
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply