Product Associate - Product and Technology
About the organization
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
The Product Associate position is a role within myAgro that helps accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. This role supports the usage of technology tools by over 200 field staff. You will gain a breadth of experience in designing and scaling high impact cross-functional product programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development, and mobile technology. You will ensure user feedback becomes an integral part of our product development process and be the link between the field and the remote product team.
Usability Testing and User Feedback
● Develop user guides, training material and documentation for new technology tools
● Work closely with our QA team to ensure technology tools are field-ready before roll out
● Conduct user testing and training sessions for
○ High impact mobile apps for field data collection and operations
○ New mobile app features to inform design decisions
○ Prototypes of technology tools we are considering for our field staff to gather feedback for prioritization
User Experience and Product Design
● Conduct field visits to observe app usage, note user errors and understand the current usage of technology tools
● Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data around technology tool usage and user experience
● Understand the users’ future technology needs and pro-actively plan around
● Develop field testing processes and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
● English and Swahili (fluent or native level)
● Developing country experience
● Previous Project/Product management
● Great written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable doing presentations in front of groups, and writing up documents to share broadly with the team.
● Self-motivated and passionate about technology for development
● 2 years of relevant working experience
● Information Technology (Software product) background
● Design and/or UX experience
● Experience working with technology platforms (web, mobile, CRM, Salesforce, etc.)
● Training/teaching experience in a low-literacy context
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job