Principal - School Outreach
Equitable Facilities Fund
About the organization
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $175 million to schools that are making a big difference for over 20,000 students, providing them with funding and assistance to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
The Principal - School Outreach will play a critical role in the sourcing and structuring of EFF’s initial $600 million fund. Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer, the Principal will actively grow the number of schools in EFF’s loan portfolio by leveraging their existing networks and continuously prospecting for new schools to engage. The ideal candidate will possess excellent outreach, relationship management and financial skills, as well as deep knowledge of the charter school sector.
● Loan Sourcing: Actively build pipelines of prospective school loans that meet EFF’s rigorous financial, academic, and social impact criteria. The Principal, School Outreach will be responsible for generating leads and maintaining relationships to support over $200 million in lending annually.
● Deal Structuring: Serve as EFF’s leading expert on financial structuring and loan products. Use deep investment and sector experience to deliver value to schools and, when needed, creatively solve challenges that arise throughout the deal process.
● Outreach and Marketing: Conduct outreach to school leaders, financial advisors, and other intermediaries by attending conferences, visiting schools, and conducting direct outreach. Serve as a highly respected and visible external presence for EFF and clearly convey the value of our product to various stakeholders.
● Pipeline Tracking & Monitoring: Track leads and pote
Continued Job Duties:
● Relationship Management: Serve as a primary point of contact for schools and financial advisors. Keep stakeholders abreast of key developments and respond quickly and directly to any questions or concerns.
● Systems and Product Leadership: Play a leading role in the development of systems and processes that will strengthen loan pipeline activity. Collaborate with EFF leadership to enhance product offeri
● 10-15+ years of overall professional experience.
● 5+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or charter school finance and management
● “Must Love Schools” -- the ideal candidate will be passionate about education reform and have deep experience in the charter school sector
● Expertise in charter school facilities financing strongly preferred
● In-depth experience with structuring financial products
● Track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive goals
● Outstanding relationship management skills
● Extraordinary communication skills and an ability to clearly explain and answer questions about product-related details
● Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think “outside the box”
● Customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas
● Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission, team, and school partners
● High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor
● Willingness to travel frequently (approximately 50% of time)
Contact email: [email protected]
Cover Letter preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job