Preschool Service Corps Program Manager
United Way Monterey County
About the organization
Engage the community and focus resources to improve lives in Monterey County.
A caring and connected community where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
We all want Monterey County to be a place where children succeed, families are economically self-sufficient, and each of us can lead healthy, productive lives. To achieve these goals, UWMC is focused on helping families achieve Financial Stability. We do this in a variety of ways. First, we're helping families access quality, affordable Child Care and Housing. We also provide a portfolio of financial support services to help families become self-sufficient. In addition, we offer connections - for people searching for help as well as those who want to give their time and talent to solve problems.
Project Management (30%)
• Develop project scope(s) that include program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Develop and manage partnerships with school districts, private preschools, local colleges and other stakeholders
• Create and monitor project budget(s)
• Provide day-to-day facilitation to support implementation of the program
• Ensure adherence to timelines and quality requirements by continuously monitoring project progress and overcoming obstacles when encountered
• Work with others team members in support to the overall UWMC impact and fundraising strategies
Member Support (60%)
• Provide ongoing support, check ins, and monitoring to ensure PSC Members are successful
• Ensure Members are placed at pre-school sites
• Ensure Members are receiving management support from Site Supervisors
• Ensure Members receive required training and professional development
• Develop Member support networks that provide peer communication, referrals and information exchange
Reporting & Communications (10%)
• Communicate the objectives and results of the program to internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure periodic summary reports of program progress are developed and disseminated to appropriate audiences
• Ensure regular qualitative and quantitative data entry to demonstrate progress towards goals and enable report/dashboard access by key stakeholders
• Support grant writing to achieve match requirements and improve the program impact and scale
Desire Bilingual English & Spanish.Exp. interacting w/ diverse audience. Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university, preferably related to human/social services /public administration. Minimum of 3 yrs exp. in human service/related field. Exp. working in early care & education classrooms. Exp.in project mgmt, managing people, volunteers and/or a volunteer program. Ability to inspire, train & utilize volunteers /support staff. Excellent oral & written communication skills, public speaking.Exp. developing and managing collaborative partnerships with schools/community organizations. Demonstrated skill in negotiation and conflict resolution.Strong attention to detail and organization skills. Resourceful, independent worker with ability to solve problems. Occasionally work varied hours, including early mornings, evenings/weekends. Ability to work in locations with limited access. Ability to interact with culturally diverse populations & serve vulnerable families. Ability to lift, carry & transport a 35 pound box. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Possession valid driver’s license, auto insurance & reliable automobile for travel in Monterey County. Pass a criminal history background check and provide clearance for tuberculosis if offer is made. In addition to state required checks, the results of state and FBI criminal history background checks and national sexual offender Public Registry Website NSOPW) are considered
$50K -$60K per year, commensurate with experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume and Cover letter required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply