Performance Auditor - entry-level trainee
U.S. Department of Education - Office of Inspector General
About the organization
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is looking for the best and brightest to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access. If you are a highly-motivated, creative individual who would like to work for an agency that establishes policies on federal financial aid for education, distributes as well as monitors those funds; collects data on America's schools and disseminates research; focuses national attention on key educational issues; and prohibits discrimination and ensures equal access to education, ED is the place for you!
Entry-level position. No experience necessary. Full training provided.
• Develops and applies knowledge of Office of Inspector General and Department policies and procedures.
• Performs routine research and analytical activities.
• Assists other auditors in obtaining testimonial evidence through interviews of officials responsible for activities being audited.
• Examines records and other information, such as policies and procedures, invoices, contracts, grant agreements, and grant expenditure documentation.
• Prepares work products, such as interview write-ups, spreadsheets, report segments, charts, exhibits, and summaries, as instructed.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: up to 50 percent
A. Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a field related to business or public administration.
B. A combination of college education and experience in performance auditing.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• May be required to complete background investigation and drug screening.
• A one-year trial/probationary period may be required.
GS-7/9 ($47,965 - $76,274); PROMOTION POTENTIAL: GS-13 ($101,176 – $131,532)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please provide a resume. Please provide a letter of noncompetitive eligibility. If noncompetitive eligibility will begin in the future, provide the date when noncompetitive eligibility will begin.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply