People Team Coordinator
About the organization
Democracy Fund is a foundation working to defend American democracy and challenge it to be more open and just. Created by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, Democracy Fund has made more than $200 million in grants to support free and fair elections, a vibrant and diverse public square, effective and accountable government, and a just and inclusive society. In addition to grantmaking, Democracy Fund advocates for better solutions and works with partners to grow philanthropic support for our democracy. To learn more, visit www.democracyfund.org and www.democracyfundvoice.org.
Democracy Fund is seeking an energetic, emotionally intelligent People Team Coordinator to help cultivate a values-driven culture that brings out the best in a rapidly growing, diverse staff who are dedicated to creating an open and just democracy. The People Team Coordinator will be an integral member of the Operations and People Team, reporting to, and working closely with, the Director of People to build out, strengthen, and execute a variety of HR processes.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment and enjoys building and iterating systems, processes, and policies to better meet the needs of colleagues across the organization. Able to work independently on projects from conception to completion, the ideal candidate will be a resourceful, highly collaborative team player who excels at creative problem solving, possesses strong administrative and organizational skills, and is able to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The ideal candidate will bring some knowledge of critical HR functions, be a creative thinker, feel comfortable using various technology platforms, pay close attention to details, and be comfortable deploying data-driven analysis to inform decision-making.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 2-3 years of progressive HR experience, preferably as an HR generalist.
• Experience working in organizations with fewer than 100 employees preferred; nonprofit experience also preferred.
• Familiarity with most, and clear proficiency with more than a few, of these critical HR functions: talent acquisition and retention, performance and organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, learning and development, compensation, HR strategy, HR administration, employee relations, HR technology and data, and diversity and inclusion.
• The position will eventually be based in Washington, D.C. but will begin remotely due to the ongoing pandemic.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job