Peace Corps Strategic Campus Recruiter Position- The University of Montana
The University of Montana
About the organization
About the University of Montana-Missoula: Nestled in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, the University of Montana is a place where top-tier students, educators and researchers from across the country and around the globe come and thrive. UM is located in Missoula, Montana’s second-largest city with a population of 80,000 residents. The University draws a diverse population to Missoula and helps cultivate an educated, engaged and vibrant community.
Approximately 10,000 students attend UM and Missoula College, where they receive a world-class education in a broad range of subjects that include the trades, liberal arts, graduate and postdoctoral study and professional training.
Overview: The Peace Corps Strategic Campus (Strat) Recruiter will increase awareness of Peace Corps Volunteer opportunities on campus and in the surrounding community through a variety of recruitment activities, including, but not limited to: delivering class or club presentations, tabling in public, high-traffic areas on campus and/or at career fairs, organizing and facilitating application workshops and retention events, and developing relationships with key stakeholders on campus.
Depending on campus activities and recruitment events, evening and weekend hours may be required.
• Distribute agency approved brochures, posters, visual aids, and other Peace Corps recruitment materials to individuals, groups, associations, faculty, and targeted populations
• Complete 40 class talks or presentations, 10 of which target diverse populations on campus
• Complete 4 application workshops, which coincide with Peace Corps’ application deadlines in October, January, April and July
• Staff a recruitment table (e.g. university career fairs, other events with similar goals and/or tabling public, high-traffic areas on campus) 6 times
• Organize and facilitate 4 retention events (e.g. send-off/welcome back volunteer parties, friends and family events, Peace Corps Week celebrations, and/or RPCV panels).
• Hold 15 relationship-building meetings (weighted toward early in the fall semester) with 15 different key on-campus and community stakeholders
Qualifications: This position requires candidates have strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to see tasks through to completion with little supervision, as well as demonstrated event planning, public speaking and partnership-building experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
• An enrolled UM student
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as this position requires a great deal of public speaking
• Ability to work independently
• Confidence in networking and outreach
Contact email: [email protected]
Review of applications will continue until position is filled. Successful applicants should be available for a training session scheduled in late August. Submit a detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references addressing the above listed job duties and qualifications electronically to:
The University of Montana
Experiential Learning and Career Success
Final selection is contingent on approval from the Peace Corps, as well as successfully passing a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply