Peace Corps- Office of Staff Learning and Development Internship
About the organization
About the Office
The Office of Staff Learning and Development (OSLD) envisions a Peace Corps where all staff –regardless of position or location- have the opportunity to learn, grow, and support the Peace Corps mission to the best of their ability. OSLD is housed within the Office of Management at Peace Corps Headquarters in Washington, DC. OSLD is responsible for implementing learning based on the core, leadership and technical competencies that our global staff need to develop throughout their tenure. OSLD conducts and facilitates Supervisory Training, New Employee Onboarding, and Professional Development courses. OSLD also helps coordinate technical skills training, and offers career development and coaching opportunities to foster high performance and learning in our global workforce.
OSLD conducts Overseas Staff Training (OST) several times a year to orient new overseas staff to their roles in supporting Peace Corps Volunteers in the field. OST provides participants with an in-depth orientation to the technical resources, processes and procedures of the agency. The following Peace Corps staff normally attend OST:
•Directors of Programming and Training (DPTs)
•Directors of Management & Operations (DMOs)
•Programming and Training and Administrative staff from Posts
•Peace Corps Medical Officers
Interns’ primary responsibilities will be to support the training tracks and will report primarily to the Training Coordinator. The training is intense and fast-paced, so flexibility and open communication is a must.
Interns will perform administrative duties as assigned, including, but not limited to:
• Writing draft emails and announcements and managing Outlook calendars.
• Preparing and updating training materials.
• Providing logistic support to Training Coordinator and Track Facilitators.
• Liaising with Agency offices regarding individual consultations with and presentations for participants.
• Analyzing evaluation data and contributing to continuous improvement of OST.
• Assisting other staff in OSLD as assigned
Interns participate in a collaborative, dynamic, and communicative support team whose work impacts learner-centered training and the OSLD mission overall.
• Results-driven, people-oriented
• Experience with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to troubleshoot basic A/V and IT issues.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and open to changing tasks and priorities
• Experience working or volunteering overseas in intercultural environments a plus, including recent Peace Corps volunteer service.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply