PATH Program Manager
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. The PATH Program Manager utilizes highly professional and independent judgment working in collaboration with SEMCA, the employer community, center staff and center partners, to contribute to a world-class workforce development center. Plans, implements, and manages workforce development solutions and strategies for the operations of the PATH program and services, procedures and policies, in accordance with all required mandates.
2. Assures ongoing interaction and collaboration with partner organizations in house as well and in the immediate designated areas where services are delivered.
3. Work with partners to implement procedures to facilitate efficient customer flow through the system of service delivery.
4. Participates in meetings dealing with transitional issues including facility matters and center personnel.
5. Manages the contract budget and recommends budget changes based on analysis of expenditures, performance trends, and service projections.
6. Trains and supervises staff and assures quality customer service in accordance with stated requirements and the American Job Center guidelines. Ensures the staff assessment of skills and subject matter knowledge; address training and development needs and progress attained.
7. Implements communication protocols for program staff and monitors specific and measurable performance standards for staff. Assumes responsibility for program performance and outcomes.
1. Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in Administration, Business, Social/Behavioral Sciences, or related field.
2. Extensive experience in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and employment and training program operations preferred.
3. Must have at least five years of experience in administrative or management capacity.
4. Knowledge of and sensitivity to the unique needs of the target population.
5. Mental ability to handle pressures related to dealing with multiple individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need.
6. Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, ACCESS and Visio).
7. Excellent oral and written communications skills demonstrating the ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including key funding source officials, government officials, employers, community residents and job seekers.
8. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturdays.
9. Occasional out of town travel may be required. Local travel required to attend meetings, events, and training.
10. Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s license. Incumbent must also have reliable transportation to attend meetings outside of the office as needed.
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT: www.sermetro.org/job/path-program-m
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must visit www.sermetro.org/apply
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job