Part Time Health and Wellness Instructor Position
About the organization
An independent school for girls located in the heart of Los Angeles, Marlborough offers both a middle school and upper school program on our unified campus. With students coming from neighborhoods across the city - including as far as Pasadena, Pacific Palisades, and the South Bay - we embrace differences, seek commonalities, and prioritize kindness to positively impact each other and our community.
Marlborough School, an independent, college preparatory school in Los Angeles for 530 young women in grades 7-12, seeks a dynamic Health and Wellness instructor to join the Health Education Department for the 2022-23 school year.
Marlborough’s Vision Statement: Equity leads Education
Marlborough’s Mission Statement: Where Learning Sparks Purpose
The teacher will:
● Teach Health and Wellness classes in conjunction with our Full time Health and Wellness Instructor/Dean of SEL. Topics to be taught include (but not limited to) healthy relationships, alcohol and other drugs, body image, nutrition, mental health, human sexuality, stress management, and other social/emotional elements of health and wellness.
● Meet as requested with the Educational and Counseling Services Team.
● Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Health Education Department, Division Directors, and/or Deans of SEL.
We believe a diverse faculty is essential to the Mission of the School, for the following reasons:
● We instill confidence and cultivate leadership potential within each student and serve as role models in inspiring them to pursue their personal best.
● We arm each graduate with the skills and motivation to create meaningful connections with people throughout the nation and across the world.
● We serve as role models for our students with teaching responsibilities that extend beyond the classroom and the curriculum.
The ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree in a relevant field, 3-5 years of experience in school settings, and a background in health, wellness, and sexuality teaching/training. Candidates need to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance. An ideal instructor at Marlborough combines high expectations with a high level of support. Middle school knowledge and/or experience desired.
Please be sure to upload a resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job