Papua New Guinea: Project Coordinator
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will oversee the implementation of all Papua New Guinea-based program activities under the US Department of State-funded media sustainability subgrant, facilitated by the East West Center as part of the Asia Pacific Media and Dialogue Initiative (APMDI).
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1390
• Ability to work and reside in Papua New Guinea.
• Proven experience with project management/coordination and/or relevant advanced degree.
• Familiarity with the development sector in Papua New Guinea, and previous experience working with media outlets and journalists in the country.
• Solution-oriented, proactive problem-solver.
• Excellent English language (written and spoken) and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues in different time zones.
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
• Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to shifting priorities.
• Fluency in English; proficiency in other local languages an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job