Paid Intern - Fulbright Exchange Program
About the organization
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges. Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region. For more information, visit us at www.amideast.org.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards scholarships to students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for graduate study in the United States. We are seeking an intern based in Washington, DC to assist with university application & placement support for the Fulbright Program. This internship may be of particular interest to students studying international education, international affairs, or Middle Eastern studies.
- Assist with the general administration of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Prepare Fulbright dossiers and assist program staff by providing university application support for new Fulbright nominees applying to U.S. graduate programs-
- Correspond with university personnel to assist with application status checks
- Contribute to special projects as needed such as alumni and university relations research student survey analysis, Fulbright social media efforts, etc.
- Support staff with event planning and execution
- Assist Finance team with select administrative tasks as necessary
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program for at least 3 years, or a current Master’s student
- Ability to work approx. 30-40 hours per week
- Resume & cover letter - including available start date and preferred hours
- Microsoft Office proficiency (especially Excel)
- Precise attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, multicultural, and communications skills
- Able to work on tasks independently once guidance is provided and meet firm deadlines
- Event planning experience preferred
$15.20 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Please include a CV and Cover Letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job