P-CREW Youth Corps Alumni All-Star Assistant
Sierra Institute for Community and Environment
About the organization
Promoting healthy and sustainable forests and watersheds by investing in the well-being of rural communities and strengthening their participation in natural resource decision-making and programs.
Recognizing the direct relationship rural communities have with forest landscapes, Sierra Institute has advanced integrative programs that support rural environmental, economic, and community health at local, regional, and national levels for the past twenty-five years.
• Assist and support Crew Leaders with project goals and supervision of crew
• Help teach P-CREW traditions (personal stories, dinner circles, etc.)
• Lead, assign, and oversee all camp chores
• Lead some evening games and activities
• Step-up to give Crew Leaders time-off
• Be an all-star role model for the crew by: showing excellent work ethic, a Positive Mental Attitude, and ability to help explain the importance of this work
• Act as liaison (the go to person) between the Crew leaders and the crew members
• Check in with crew members
• Work hard on conservation projects throughout the week
• Be willing and able to help out or take charge in emergency/first aid instances
• Have graduated P-CREW
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with people from all backgrounds, abilities, and communities
• Excellent Positive Mental Attitude
• First Aid/CPR certified
• Excellent communication skills
• Legal U.S. resident
Contact email: [email protected]
Send your resume, cover letter, and the contact information for your references as one pdf to [email protected] with the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
The Sierra Institute for Community and Environment does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job