Overnight Support Staff
About the organization
Mary’s Place provides safe and inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. We operate a women’s day center and several 24x7 family centers/shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside and together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources. We believe that no one’s child should sleep outside.
Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a
• Establishing daily schedules for our guests including monitoring activities, the guest chore board, dinner, space transitioning, and clean up
• Provide crisis management and set appropriate limits for guests as needed
• Maintain a calm demeanor and model positive behavior
• Communicate regularly with other staff members and supervisors to ensure consistency and quality of service
• Maintain client records and documentation
• At least one year of customer service experience.
• At least one or more years of experience working with homeless people or a similar
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries and maintain a calm demeanor in a
• Ability to access and produce information from a computer
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Ability to exhibits compassion and empathy; works well with men, women, and
children from all ethnic, social, economic and sexual orientation backgrounds
• Ability to travel between Mary’s Place sites during working hours as needed
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply for this opportunity, please email resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job