Outreach Engagement Specialist
Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed)
About the organization
To improve the health of low-income people who face the greatest barriers to care access.
To be a primary care medical home – providing high quality, comprehensive healthcare, delivered in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
OUR CORE VALUES
Healthcare access for all; quality services provided with compassion, respect and cultural sensitivity; and organizational excellence and integrity.
This individual will be responsible for outreach and education of existing and prospective MobileMed patients about health insurance options. They will serve as a resource on matters of eligibility and enrollment for low-income, uninsured individuals with respect to Medicaid, Medicare, and subsidized Qualified Health Plans. They will provide health insurance screenings, application assistance and renewal assistance. For uninsured individuals not eligible, she will facilitate participation in Montgomery Cares and access to MobileMed primary care.
They will also serve as a member of the Development and Outreach team assisting with patient-focused communications, community collaborations and community health events (virtual and throughout community).
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Training in social work/human services or health related field strongly preferred
• Some experience with health insurance/benefits required; Certified Application Counselor (CAC) preferred
• Knowledge of and prior experience with the Maryland Health Connection is preferred
• Fluency in at least one other language in addition to English. (Spanish preferred, French or Amharic accepted.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved populations
• Cultural competency to serve a diverse patient population
• Comfort and discipline around working in a virtual/remote environment utilizing tools such as Microsoft Teams
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed within the community including MobileMed clinics and other designated community sites
• Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends as needed on a flex basis
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] Virtual interviews will begin on a rolling basis. Position to begin ASAP.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply